The digitalsignage.NET application is designed to run at startup, so if your application does not launch and the media player is displaying the desktop, follow the steps below.
1. Is the application set to run at Startup?
Using your keyboard, Select Ctrl+Alt+Delete and choose "Task Manager"
2. In Task manager, click on the "Startup" tab at the top of the page.
3. In the list of items that are set to run at startup you should see "DsnetCorePlayerStartup.bat" and its status should be enabled.
4. If this is set to "Disabled" you can re-enable it by first selecting the line and clicking "Enable"
Please note: The "DsnetCorePlayerStartup.bat" line item will only appear when the application has been run for the first time
5. After checking the line item in Task Manager, please reboot your PC.
6. If this does not resolve the issue, repair or uninstall the application and reinstall it.
7. To repair or uninstall the application, click on the Windows icon in the bottom left corner of your screen, and from the items that appear choose "Settings"
8. Locate the "Apps" section and select this. This will open the "Apps & features" section.
9. In the "Apps & features section, scroll down the list of installed applications and find "DsNetCorePlayer" Choose either "Repair" or "Uninstall".
Repair will attempt to repair the application. Follow the on-screen prompts
Uninstall will remove the application completely.
10. Once you have repaired or uninstalled the application, reboot your PC.
11. Once your PC has restarted, if the application has been repaired, it should automatically start after Windows has loaded.
12. If the issue still exists, follow steps 7-9 again and choose to remove and reinstall the application. The latest version of the application can be downloaded from your digitalsignage.NET account, by navigating to "Network" and selecting the "Download" tab.
13. If you are still having problems contact support@digitalsignage.NET